Monday, February 27, 2006

Tucson: Auditions for Student Film


Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 1:42 PM
Subject: [Tucson Actors] Auditions for Student Film
 
REPLY TO: rcoleman@email.arizona.edu  

I'm a BFA student at the UofA and I am holding auditions for my film.
Auditions are being held This Monday and Tuesday from 7pm till 10pm at
the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership which is located on
the 4th floor of the Student Union at the UofA. I plan to hold more
auditions this Saturday  4th of March and Sunday 5th of March but the
times and location is still being finalized.

The film is about a martial arts student who is attempting to attain
enlightenment through meditation. Unfortunately his master's curious
granddaughter seems to make some kind of racket every time he is about
to attain what he thinks is enlightenment.

The film is a lighthearted comedy that will be filmed as both live
action and animation. The live action takes place here in the real
world and will be filmed on black and white 16mm. The animation will
take place in the student's head while he is meditating and will be in
color.

The parts I am looking to fill are the three main leads,

Masu the student looking for enlightenment.
      I am looking for someone who looks to be in their late teens or early
twenties.

Lia the Master's granddaughter
      I am looking for someone that looks to be around 8 years old.

Old Man the master
      I am looking for someone that looks to be in their late fifties to
mid sixties.

I am hoping for Asian actors but will cast anyone regardless of their
ethnic background as long as the fit the performance and direction I
am looking for.

Filming time will ether be the weekend of March 11 and 12 or March 18
and 19. Times are to be announced.

If you would like a copy of the script or want to try and schedule a
different time for an audition I can be reached at
rcoleman@email.arizona.edu Please contact me there and not my Yahoo
address as I am unlikely to check my email there in the next few days.

Thanks,
Ron

---------------------------------
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Archive and subscription information on http://tucsonstage.com

No comments: