From: Arizona Rose Theatre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:19 PM
Subject: Auditions: Murder on the Nile
Arizona Rose Theatre presents
Agatha Christie's 'Murder on the Nile'
Playing June 8 through 16
Rehearsals will begin mid April
January 31st from 8:00pm to 9:00 p.m
No appointment needed
Please Have a Monologue prepared
Please bring headshot and resume, if you have one
Arizona Rose Theatre - located in the Tucson Mall Lower Level by Macy's
In Murder on the Nile, adapted for the stage by Christie herself, the Grand Dame of Mystery whisks you away on a honeymoon cruise down the Nile. The only problem is the bride is dead. Luckily, master sleuth Canon Pennefather is aboard. So put on your thinking cap, and see if you can figure out whodunit!
Please note: All roles are open.This is truly an ensemble cast and strong acting and accents are required for each role.
- Kay Ridgeway Mostyn (plays 24 years old) A charismatic, rich and spoiled young socialite who leaves all in her path breathless with admiration or disgust. British.
- Simon Mostyn (late 20s) Kay's new husband; good looking, good-tempered with a simple hearty manner, from humble beginnings, determined not to use Kay for her money. British.
- Canon Pennefather (50s-60s) A large imposing clergyman, a self-described "worldly order of the clergy who enjoys the good things in life;" Kay's guardian whom she calls Uncle Ambrose – the sleuth and pivotal detective of the play. British.
- Jacqueline de Severac (plays 24 years old) Simon's ex-fiancé and Kay's best friend; raging with jealousy over Simon and Kay's marriage. Emotional and mercurial, if somewhat fragile. British.
- William Smith (30s-early 40s) An irreverent man who has devoted himself to the causes of the "working man" yet with a sparkle in the eye. A bit dirty and careless about his dress. His voice and dry wit contradict his appearance. British.
- Ms. Christina Grant (20s) Nice sensible girl with an amazingly equable temper. Great-niece of Ms. ffoliot-ffoulkes, grateful for the adventure on her aunt's dime. Scottish.
- Ms. Helen ffoliot-ffoulkes (60s) Unpleasant aging socialite; rude, snobbish and gruff. A believer in the upper and lower classes and that the twain should NEVER meet. Veddy British
- Dr. Ludwig Bessner (late 30s-50s) Bespectacled medical doctor with a marked foreign accent from a small country in Europe; hates Kay's father and blames him for the financial ruin of his country and his family. Think German for the accent
- Louise (20s-30s) Kay's flirtatious and devious French maid. Speaks fluent French and English with a French accent.
- Steward (20s-40s) Egyptian steward of the paddle steamer Lotus; sly and humorous character with the opportunity to go beyond what appears on the page, speaks with a strong middle-eastern accent and can speak more clearly when he wants to. Also requires speaking some Arabic. Scripted as Nubian. Ideal role for non-Caucasian actors, although all actors will be considered.
- Beadseller 1 / Assistant Steward / Egyptian Policeman (20s – 40s) A great chance for three cameos in one. Middle Eastern accent. All 3 roles will require speaking in Arabic.
Beadseller 2 / Ship's Manager (30s – 40s) 2 very good cameo roles. Middle Eastern accent. Both roles will require speaking in Arabic.
Tucson Theatre Announcement List
TucsonStage.com for subscription information