1. Job Opportunity
Job Title: Community Arts Development Coordinator Created: October 1, 2006
Reports to: Associate Director for Programs and Services Budget accountability: None Status: Temporary Part-time, 20 hours per week Salary: $15.00/hr
Manage and coordinate outreach programs and services designed to engage artists and arts organizations in the community and to improve their capacity. Provide and promote arts education and support advocacy and cultural planning initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Manage artist residencies in schools, neighborhoods and communities.
2. Develop, maintain and promote teaching artists roster.
3. Coordinate and promote Pima County Youth Arts Scholarship program.
4. Coordinate and manage exhibit “Artists of Rural Pima County & Studio Tour,” jury review, installation and de-installation.
5. Assist in cultural planning process and advocacy efforts at the local and national levels through Americans for the Arts Economic Development Surveys and the Arts Council’s cultural planning process.
Education: Minimum BA in arts, public or business administration or equivalent education and/or experience.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in arts program management with knowledge of organizational development, the arts, local government, and nonprofit management. Asset Skills: Knowledge of arts in education, exhibits, and economic and community development; team player with excellent communication and facilitation skills; proficiency in Word, Excel, database programs; attention to detail.