FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Chad Davies
WINDING ROAD THEATER ENSEMBLE ANNOUNCES CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
10-minute plays for the Second Annual "Eight 10s in Tucson"
Tucson, AZ, July 19, 2019 – Winding Road Theater Ensemble today announced a call for 10-minute play submissions for production in the Second Annual Eight 10s in Tucson play festival. Eight 10s will run for two weekends only, April 16 through April 26, 2020, at the Scoundrel & Scamp Theatre at the Historic Y.
The submission window opens at midnight PST on Thursday, August 1, 2019, and will remain open throughout the month of August or until a maximum of 300 qualified scripts have been received, whichever occurs first. There are no submission fees.
Submissions must be delivered electronically via the Winding Road website. Basic criteria include:
· Script should be written so as to have a minimum run-time of 8 (eight) minutes up to a maximum of 10 (ten) minutes
· Submissions must be original works
· All themes/genres accepted
· Legal clearance of materials is the full responsibility of the playwright
· Standard Dramatists Guild play formatting is required (fonts, margins, page numbering, etc.)
· Scripts must be submitted as PDF files (no exceptions)
· ONLY 1 (ONE) submission per playwright
· IMPORTANT: ALL SCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BLIND - no identifiable personal information (names, addresses, titles, industry associations, review quotes, endorsements, etc.) may appear anywhere in the script 2018
Detailed guidelines and instructions are available now at windingroadtheater.org/Eight-10s-Guidelines About the Festival
For the third main stage production of its 2018-2019 season, Winding Road launched Eight 10s in Tucson, a festival of eight original 10-minute plays all staged in a single evening of theater. The festival’s eight shows were selected from more than 350 submissions received from playwrights in all
50 states. The Company reserves one selection for an Arizona playwright; for the inaugural festival, that selection was Intermission by Joe Bardin of Scottsdale, Arizona.
“Our first festival established that Tucson audiences are hungry for variety,” said Chad Davies, Managing Director for Winding Road. “Of course, we also see Eight 10s as a wonderful opportunity for Tucson's performing artists to collaborate with others and try their hand at new things. It's sort of like theater cross-training for playwrights, directors, actors, designers, and technicians."
Winding Road Theater Ensemble is a non-profit Tucson-based theater company. Founded in 2008, the Company is committed to telling dynamic theatrical stories that illuminate the human condition and celebrate theater’s power to entertain diverse audiences. More information is available at the
Company’s web site, www.windingroadtheater.org
Tucson Theatre Announcement List
TucsonStage.com for subscription information