Production Director @ Arts Education Center
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2008-03-04, 3:24PM MST
Please review the requirements for the position. A successful applicant will meet or exceed them.
Arts for All, Inc., a non-profit corporation, began in 1979. In August of 1985, Third St. Kids was founded by Marcia Berger, an innovative pediatric physical therapist, to provide an after-school program in the performing arts for children with and without disabilities. In 1986 the non-profit corporation was turned over to Marcia Berger by its founder and thus Arts for All, Inc. and Third St. Kids became one.
The students, ages 3 through adulthood, come from throughout the greater Tucson, Arizona area. All aspects of the program exemplify integration for children with and without disabilities. Arts for All, Inc. currently provides special considerations during the planning and programming for persons with physical disabilities, visual limitations, hearing impairments, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, emotional disturbances, mental illness, behavior problems, autism, and seizure disorders. All programs attempt to provide a quality art focus for children and youth with and without disabilities.
Arts for All, Inc. currently has ten projects which merge the arts and human services: preschool, daily after-school classes, Third St. Ensemble Company, community-wide public performances, summer/winter arts camps, Arts for All Presents, day program for adults with disabilities, support services, inclusion aides training and AmeriCorps.
Production Director Requirements:
1. Minimum of one (1) years teaching drama
2. Minimum of two (2) years working with children and/or persons with disabilities
3. High school graduate
4. Demonstrate good communication skills both written and verbally, preferably in more than one language
5. Excellent people skills
6. Must receive Fingerprint clearance card within 60 days of hire
7. Receive certification in CPR, First Aid, CIT I, CIT II, and Article IX within 60 days of date of hire.
Ensemble Company Coordinator and Director Duties:
1. Responsible to Executive Director
2. Must be able to demonstrate and teach various aspects of the performing arts
3. Be able to encourage participants to explore different performing arts activities
4. Encourage creativity and self expression among participants.
5. Prepare lesson plans and post them weekly
6. Assure that needed materials are on hand for class
7. Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly classroom.
8. Explore the possibilities for off site educational activities for participants.
9. Assist in recruiting, monthly auditions and training for Ensemble Company
10. Conduct weekly class/rehearsal sessions that train young people in the performing arts and prepare them for performance.
11. Assist with directing community-wide public performances
12. Assist with scheduling the Ensemble Company
13. Assist with directing an annual Ensemble Company performance
14. Assist with marketing the Ensemble Company
2520 N. Oracle Road
· Location: Central Tucson
· Compensation: $8-12/hr, Benefits Available
· This is a part-time job.
· This is at a non-profit organization.
· OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
· Phone calls about this job are ok.
· Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.