This week on www.TucsonStage.com:
New articles and reviews in Chuck Graham’s “Let The Show Begin”:
New stories inside
THEATER – This is the last weekend, Nov. 5-8, to see "Angels In America" (part one) presented by the DaVinci Players at Studio Connections, 9071 E. Old Spanish Trail. Shows are at 7:30 p.m Thursday through Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday.
This is also the last weekend to catch the historic world premiere debut of Arid Rose Theater and its most excellent production of "Art." We who have seen it are all hoping this brave little west side theater company will have another chance to bring back "Art" for a joyful reprise sometime in the future. See our review on the Theater page and make plans to attend.
Closing out this weekend as well is Live Theatre Workshop's excellent production of the Agatha Christie mystery, “The Unexpected Guest.” Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 5-7, 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 8.
Gaslight Theatre opens its Christmas show Thursday, Nov. 5, with shows through Jan. 2. This year the Gaslight gang celebrates the holiday season with "On The Road to the North Pole."
Beowulf Alley Theatre Company will open "Rabbit Hole" by David Lindsay-Abaire on Saturday, Nov. 7 (preview show Friday, Nov. 6).
The Rogue Theatre returns to Edward Albee with a production of "A Delicate Balance," opening Thursday, Nov. 5, with a preview, then opening Saturday, Nov. 7, and continuing through Nov. 29.
Invisible Theatre introduces its production of "Southern Comforts" by Kathleen Clark with a preview Nov. 10, officially opening Nov. 11.
Arizona Theatre Company continues its production of "George Is Dead," written and directed by Elaine May, featuring Marlo Thomas and Don Murray. Read our review on the Theater page.
All the details for all the shows are listed on the Future Shows theater page.
MUSIC – Check out the CD review of "Wild Women," just released by Diane Van Deurzen & Lisa Otey and let the good times roll.
Chamber Music Plus turns to the Gershwin brothers for inspiration in their Berger Performing Arts production the Sunday afternoon after Thanksgiving.
The line-up is set for the Tucson Jazz Society’s New Year’s Eve jazz all-star gala.
Find all the details on the Future Shows film and music page.
All the club dates for local jazz groups are posted on the LBS (Let The Show Begin) Calendar.
DANCE – Ballet Tucson’s opening night gala will celebrate the company’s 24th season. Christmas brings “The Nutcracker.”
Tucson Regional Ballet adds local flavor with its distinctive adaptation of "A Southwestern Nutcracker."
Dance and Desert in the spring is followed by the Urban Picnic. “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” concludes the season.
All the time and ticket information is posted on the Future Shows dance page.
FILM – Keep up with the Loft Cinema’s special events each week in “Life at the Loft” on the Film page.
Classic films screening at the downtown Fox Theatre are posted on the Future Shows film and music page.
Been Eating To Any Good Beats Lately?
Our musically inclined restaurant reviewers are looking for some new restaurants presenting both good jazz and good food. Preferably at the same time. Past reviews are posted in Eat to The Beat.
If you know of one, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Letters to Chuck and send us a note from there.
… and much more.
New auditions, casting calls and announcements on the TTA List:
- Tucson: Writing Fren-Zee 2nd Screening at the Beow...
- Tucson: Desert Voices presents An Unusual Salute t...
- Tucson: Press release: Pima Community College Cent...
- Tucson: SOUTHERN COMFORTS at Invisible Theatre - S...
- Tucson: Steve Anderson's OPEN STUDIO FOR ACTORS
- Tucson: Desert View High School Drama presents Rom...
- Tucson: MGM CASTING WORKSHOP
- Tucson: Beowulf Alley Theatre Presents Rabbit Hole...
- Tucson: Waypoint Theatre presents THE GOD COMMITTE...
- Tucson: OPP Play-in-a-Day - CALL for ACTORS
- Tucson: OPP Play-in-a-Day this weekend!
- Tucson: UPDATE, Red Barn Theater "Bull In A China ...
- Tucson: the hit stage comedy JEWTOPIA returns for ...
- Tucson: Final Weekend of Angels in America at Stud...
- Tucson: Open Casting Call for Television Documenta...
- Tucson: IFASA Meeting Monday at The Art Institute
- Tucson: Arid Rose Theatre lowers ticket prices
- Tucson: Beowulf Alley Theatre Halloween Weekend
- Tusson: Casting Call, VERY TALL, VERY LARGE people...
- Tucson: Arid Rose Theatre presents 'Laughing Wild'...
- Tucson: Arid Rose Theater audition - singers for a...
- Tucson: Casting Call, Wild Horse Pass Casino comme...
What everyone’s talking about on the TTA Discussion Board…
Join the discussion at http://groups.google.com/group/tta-list-discussion
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
In association with Chuck Graham's "Let The Show Begin" at http://tucsonstage.com.
Visit the website for Chuck's reviews and TTA Archive and subscription information.