Now Hiring: Theater Technical Assistant (multiple hires) – Job #35932
These on-call positions will assist in the construction of scenery and/or costumes, setting up seating, equipment and stage sets, loading and unloading equipment from trucks, transporting show personnel and cargo, installing lighting equipment, sewing costumes and creating accessories. These are on-call positions with varying hours. The rate of pay is between $10 - $14 per hour, depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists in the construction and dismantling of stage sets using power and hand tools; moves scenery on and off stage, under the supervision of the UApresents Technical staff and/or road company technicians.
* Sets up and positions seating, musical equipment and stands, microphones, backdrops and projection screens.
* Installs lighting equipment by following directions on lighting plot and focuses lighting.
* Runs lighting and soundboards for small events and routinely runs spotlights.
* Makes adjustments at rehearsal such as re-aiming lights and adding or re-positioning microphones.
* Loads and unloads equipment and props from trucks.
* Teaches students to build scenery with the use of hand and power tools; assigns work and monitors quality of work of students.
* Maintains tools and equipment in good working order by making minor repairs.
* Transports show personnel and cargo between hotel, airport and performance site.
* Inventories and recommends purchase of supplies and equipment.
* Stitches costumes and develops patterns from sketches using flat pattern method or drapery method.
* Designs and constructs costume accessory pieces for hats, jewelry and shoes.
* Maintains costumes including laundering, ironing and pressing clothing.
* Styles wigs and applies makeup to accompany costume.
* Sweeps and mops floors.
* Two years of theatrical/stage or costume production and maintenance experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* Some positions may require possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.
To apply, please complete an on-line application for job #35932 at http://www.uacareertrack.com/. Please be prepared to electronically attach a letter of interest and a resume.
The review of applications will begin August 21, 2006.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history.
The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer - M/W/D/V.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Archive and subscription information on http://tucsonstage.com