Two job postings below…
Company Management Intern
Arizona Theatre Company, a LORT B multi-city operation in both Tucson and Phoenix, seeks a qualified and highly motivated individual for a full time, seasonal (August through May) internship in Company Management. We are looking for candidates who possess strong computer skills (specifically in searching the internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel), attention to detail, creativity, and an upbeat attitude.
Internship Description: Assisting the Company Management staff in the hospitality of actors, directors, designers, and other professional guest artists (this includes booking travel, renting vehicles, making hotel reservations, maintaining company apartments and vehicles in both the Tucson and Phoenix areas); the upkeep and further development of our vendor relationships; and organizing company social events.
In the past 39 seasons, ATC has produced more than 200 plays, from the classics of Shakespeare, Shaw and Moliere to the works of contemporary writers such as Shepard, Stoppard and Fugard. ATC has also committed itself to the development and presentation of new works both on the mainstage and through special programs. This wide-ranging repertoire presents an exciting challenge to all departments at ATC - a challenge that is consistently met through the high standards that have come to be expected of the company.
ATC is actively involved in numerous educational and outreach programs in its various communities in an effort to increase public awareness of ATC and cultivate current and future audience interest and support. ATC performs in the state-of-the-art Herberger Theater Center in Phoenix, and in Tucson's historic Temple of Music and Art.
This position is based in Tucson, but requires periodic trips to Phoenix. Full time interns are provided a stipend of $200 a week. Valid drivers license required.
To apply, mail resume, cover letter, and two references to Company Management Intern Search, ARIZONA THEATRE COMPANY, P.O. Box 1631, Tucson, AZ 85702 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information go to http://www.arizonatheatre.org
Phoenix Artistic Assistant
Reports to: Company Manager and Status: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
PHX Education Manager
Arizona Theatre Company, a LORT B multi-city operation with offices in both Tucson and Phoenix, seeks a qualified and highly motivated individual for an immediate opening as an Artistic Assistant in our Phoenix Office. As an ambassador to actors, directors designers, students and teachers, the qualified candidate will split their time working in both the Company Management and Education Departments at ATC.
Essential Job Functions in Company Management:
- The primary responsibility is to assist the Company Manager with the travel, housing, and transportation accommodations for guest artists and staff in Phoenix.
- The assistant will also be responsible for overseeing functions in Phoenix including but not limited to; Move to Phoenix Meetings, Phoenix Meet and Greets, and Between Show Meals.
- Research and create new relationships with Phoenix area vendors to better serve our guest artist’s needs (hotels, apartment complexes, corporate housing companies, rental car companies, doctor offices, etc.)
- Manage and further develop relationships with current vendors.
Essential Job Functions in Education:
- Assist with the marketing, operation, and communication of Student Matinee Series.
- Lead post-show discussions.
- Serve as Wasserstein Project co-leader with Education Manager. Plan events and lead discussions for specific school partners.
- Increase number of guest artist visits throughout the Phoenix Metro Area by heavily marketing Guest Artist Menu to area schools. Lead guest artist workshops throughout metro area as teaching artist (non-matinee related)
- Develop workshops with Education Manager geared for elementary school students
- Teach elementary school workshop program
- Assist in special Northern Arizona education workshops initiative by attending as teaching artist
Position Requirements: Must be a high school graduate. College degree preferred.
Interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Candidate must also have excellent organizational and time management skills, computer knowledge (including Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet). Valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation are needed. Position is based in Phoenix but occasional travel to Tucson is required.
To apply, mail resume, cover letter, and two references to Phoenix Artistic Assistant Search, ARIZONA THEATRE COMPANY, P.O. Box 1631, Tucson, AZ 85702 or email to email@example.com. For more information go to http://www.arizonatheatre.org