Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Join Artifact Dance Project presents Goliath - A Story Retold

 

From: Artifact Dance Project <info@artifactdanceproject.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 AM
Subject: A journey we all can relate to

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Join Artifact Dance Project for the premiere of

Goliath - A Story Retold

Choreographed by Ashley Bowman
Music written and recorded by Zack Hemsey

 

 

 

 

 

PURCHASE TICKETS

 

 

Please join choreographer Ashley Bowman for a pre-concert discussion in the theatre about the creation of Goliath 1/2 hour prior to showtime.​
 
STEVIE ELLER DANCE THEATRE
Thursday March 21 | 7:30pm - Pre-concert talk at 7:00pm
Friday March 22 | 7:30pm - Pre-concert talk at 7:00pm
Saturday March 23 | 7:30pm* - Pre-concert talk at 7:00pm
Sunday March 24 | 2:00pm - Pre-concert talk at 1:30pm
​This show runs approx. 1 hour & 30 minutes with a 15 minute intermission
*The Saturday night performance will be ASL interpreted

Purchase tickets:
https://artifactdanceproject.tix.com/schedule

 

 

A Message From Choreographer Ashley Bowman
As a choreographer, I find it unavoidable to not speak of my own journey through my work.  It is no coincidence that Goliath – A Story Retold, in some ways, is my own story retold - many people's stories retold in fact.  I believe that modern society lacks the healing qualities of myth and metaphor.  Social media and global 24-hour informational access can be a somewhat harsh stream of ineffectiveness that penetrates our day-to-day lives. I often find inspiration from the great children's books teaching us timeless lessons about humanity.  When I read my daughter "I'll Be You and You Be Me" by Ruth Krauss and illustrated by the brilliant Maurice Sendak, I feel as if I am breathing the fresh air of a simpler time.  Goliath must find his way through a world he does not understand.  The "creatures" (as I call them) he encounters represent his internal journey.  Goliath-A Story Retold is a simple story of our journey as humans. 

This timeless tale is appropriate for audience members age 5 and up.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

Tucson Theatre Announcement List
TucsonStage.com for subscription information

 

 

No comments: