Arts Manager @ Arts Center (Central Tucson)
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2008-05-30, 9:14AM MST
Please review the requirements for the position. A successful applicant will meet or exceed them.
Arts for All, Inc., a non-profit corporation, began in 1979. In August of 1985, Third St. Kids was founded by Marcia Berger, an innovative pediatric physical therapist, to provide an after-school program in the performing arts for children with and without disabilities. In 1986 the non-profit corporation was turned over to Marcia Berger by its founder and thus Arts for All, Inc. and Third St. Kids became one.
The students, ages 3 through adulthood, come from throughout the greater Tucson, Arizona area. All aspects of the program exemplify integration for children with and without disabilities. Arts for All, Inc. currently provides special considerations during the planning and programming for persons with physical disabilities, visual limitations, hearing impairments, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, emotional disturbances, mental illness, behavior problems, autism, and seizure disorders. All programs attempt to provide a quality art focus for children and youth with and without disabilities.
Arts for All, Inc. currently has ten projects which merge the arts and human services: preschool, daily after-school classes, Third St. Ensemble Company, community-wide public performances, summer/winter arts camps, Arts for All Presents, day program for adults with disabilities, support services, inclusion aides training and AmeriCorps.
Stop by our facility at 2520 N Oracle Road to pick up an application. Questions regarding positions can be directed to Frank Hernandez at 622-4100.
1. Minimum of high school, GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years experience in promoting and producing the performing arts
3. Awareness of the special needs of people with disabilities
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual preferred
5. Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, Access, Outlook Express and Desk Top publishing
6. Documentation of Class I Fingerprint Clearance card must be provided within introductory period (6 months).
7. Must provide current certification in CPR, First Aid, CIT I, CIT II, and Article IX within 60 days of employment
1. Responsible to Executive Director
2. Assist in maintaining records for participants, audiences, contracts, reporting forms, etc.
3. Directly responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of the artists/teachers, Ensemble Coordinator, volunteers, theatre technical crew, directors,
choreographers, stage managers, interpreters, audio describers, performing artists, etc.
4. Directly responsible for public relations/marketing in the arts, including newsletters, monthly parent updates, brochures, flyers, tickets, playbills, postcards, press releases, season brochure, etc.
5. Contribute artistically to the development of the participants through developing and implementing classes, workshops, directing, Ensemble Company coordination, etc.
6. Coordinate communications between Third St. Ensemble Company, contracts, venues, teachers, parents, etc.
7. Responsible for Arts for All Presents including; talent search, contracts, marketing, room and board arrangements, etc.
8. Responsible for community wide public performances including;, choosing scripts, auditions, rehearsals and productions, etc.
9. Assist in developing, following and improving the drama, music, dance and visual arts curricula.
10. Directly responsible for contributing information to the mailing list.
11. Assist with fundraising efforts, including; advertising, sponsorships and grant writing.
- Location: Central Tucson
- Compensation: DOE
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Phone calls about this job are ok.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Archive and subscription information on http://tucsonstage.com