1. Mark Braun Awarded IFA Cinematographer of the Year. Independent Film Arizona has named Mark Braun its Cinematographer of the Year (2014). The award will be presented to Mark at 7 PM at IFA's October 7 Meeting at the Auld Dubliner (800 East University) in Tucson. Come out to show your support for Mark.
2. Casting for American Burger. Pima Community College's Advanced Cinematography Class is casting for American Burger. Seeking both male and female (NON-SAG) actors 18 to 60 to play fast food employees and customers. They are also casting for extras. Casting is on October 3 (3 PM to 8 PM) and October 4 (Noon to 5 PM) at PCC West Campus, 2202 West Anklam Road, Santa Catalina Building, Digital Film and Video Lab (CG-45). Bring resumes and head shots if you have them. You will be asked to present your own 1 to 2 minute comedic monologue (and possibly asked to cold read from the script). The film will be shot on November 7, 8, 9 and 11 in or around Tucson. No monetary compensation. For more information contact Alex Anaya at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 520-873-8168.
3. Casting for Formal Attire. Nine Buddhas Pictures is casting for Formal Attire. In a tribute to E. A. Poe (A Cask of Amontillado) a well dressed man (that is a man in formal attire) is found building a small concrete wall in his basement, which the audience quickly discovers is being built to enclose a small space in which an unidentified man is restrained. The film is a mystery that is resolved through a series of flashbacks which incrementally reveal who the two men are are and how they ended up on two sides of this building project. Casting for three leads (two male and one female) ages 25 - 45 and for six small parts (party guests) ages 18 and up. Also seeking production team members. Shooting October 10 and 11 for the Almost Famous Horror Film Competition. No monetary compensation. Send e-mail, headshot, and resume to Chris Raboin email@example.com
4. IFA's October 7 Showcase Meeting. Independent Film Arizona meets on the first Tuesday of every month. The October Meeting is on Tuesday, October 7, at 7:00 PM at the Auld Dubliner, 800 East University, in Tucson. The meeting will feature five short films by five different Southern Arizona filmmakers (who will be available to answer questions about their films). If you have a film that you would like us to consider showing -- contact Antonella at independentfilmarizona @gmail.com with a link to your film. All IFA meetings are free and open to all.
5. Ramin Bahrani. Ya Ya Perez (Independent Film Arizona's resident film critic) would like to recommend Goodbye Solodirected by Ramin Bahrani. This is a low budget independent film with an unestablished cast (all of whom do an exceptional job) that confirms the significance of a simple powerful story. Available on dvd including from Netflix.
6. Tucson Stage. Have you joined Tucson Stage? If you have not -- you should do so today. It is free and their mailing list is the most reliable and comprehensive source of acting opportunities in Southern Arizona. Go to tucsonstage.com to sign up.
7. Tucson Film and Music Festival. The Tucson Film and Music Festival will be presenting from October 9 to October 12. This festival is particularly interested in music related films, documentaries, and films made in or relating to Arizona. For their final schedule and more information, go to tucsonfilmandmusicfestival.com.
8. Accepting Nominations for IFA's Best Actor and Best Actress Awards. Independent Film Arizona is now accepting nominations for its 2014 Best Actor and 2014 Best Actress Award. Any film or theater actor or actress who lives in or has worked in Arizona is eligible. To nominate an actor or actress, send their name and e-mail address to Antonella firstname.lastname@example.org. The Best Actor Awards will be presented at IFA's November Meeting -- so get your nominations in now.
9. The Loft Film Festival. The Loft Film Festival will be presenting from October 16-19. The Loft Film Festival focuses on the best of independent, international, and classic filmmaking. For their presentation schedule and more information go to loftcinema.com
10. Rethink That PSAs. Independent Film Arizona has shot several Public Service Announcements promoting shooting films in Arizona, but has addition shoots scheduled for August and September. If you are interested in acting in or being part of an upcoming production, send an e-mail to Antonella at email@example.com
11. IFA Board. Independent Film Arizona will hold elections for its Officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer) and for its Board at its Tuesday, December 2, 2014 Meeting. If you are interested in running for the Board (or if you are interested in becoming more involved with Independent Film Arizona) send an e-mail to Antonella at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Join Independent Film Arizona. Independent Film Arizona is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to promoting and supporting actors and independent filmmakers in Southern Arizona. You can become a member of Independent Film Arizona for only $25 a year by going to independentfilmarizona.com The donation is tax deductible and supports independent filmmaking in Southern Arizona.