Dear Arts Advocate:
Today, Americans for the Arts and its affiliate the Arts Action Fund celebrate National Arts Advocacy Day, part of the National Arts Action Summit, with thousands of arts advocates across the country and hundreds of partnering state, local and national arts and arts education organizations.
If you can't join us in Washington, DC today, then join us by letting your member of Congress know that you support the arts!
Today, more than 550 dedicated arts supporters from 48 states will come together in Washington, DC for the 28th annual Arts Advocacy Day, the only national event that brings together a broad cross section of America's cultural and civic organizations.
- Participating in events are actor and Turnaround Artist Doc Shaw; actress, writer, dancer and Americans for the Arts Artists Committee Member Victoria Rowell, American actress and playwright Holland Taylor, musicians Marc Roberge and Richard On from the American rock band O.A.R, and singer and performer Grace Weber.
- Last night, multi-Grammy Award winning artist COMMON, introduced the 28th Annual Americans for the Arts' Nancy Hanks Lecturer on Arts & Public Policy and groundbreaking television producer, author, and social activist Norman Lear, at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
These hundreds of arts advocates represent a united effort to tell Capitol Hill how important the arts are to our communities, how much arts education means to our future, and how the arts improve our daily lives. With 87 national cosponsoring organizations, Arts Advocacy Day helps shape this united arts message to Congress.
Ways You Can Take Part:
- Ask your members of Congress to support the arts. Visit our E-Advocacy Center, and you'll be able to send a message in less than two minutes directly to your Representative and Senators telling them why the arts are important to you and your community. Take two minutes and send your message to Congress today!
- Join in the discussion on the Arts Advocacy Day Facebook page.
- On Twitter? Tweet your pro-arts support and Follow @Americans4Arts and track all the action in Washington, DC at #AAD15 and #ArtsVote!
Help us continue this important work by becoming an official member of the Arts Action Fund. If you are not already a member, play your part by joining the Arts Action Fund today-it's free and easy to join.
Thank you for your support of the arts.
1000 Vermont Avenue NW
Washington DC . 20005
One East 53rd Street . 2nd Floor
New York NY . 10022
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Subscription information at TucsonStage.com