From: Bill Kersey [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:36 PM
Subject: FilmWest Professional Filmaking Workshop Series - AD Workshop
The FilmWest Professional Filmmaking Workshop Series Assistant Director
Workshop - June 24, 2006 Registration begins at 9am; Workshop hours are
Location: Old Tucson Studios
201 S. Kinney Road in Tucson, Arizona
Workshops for Filmmakers by Filmmakers
Presented by Paul Stapleton-Smith
Janet Ault, The Loft Cinema, Arizona Production Association, FilmWest
Productions, IFASA, Adhara Media, Bespoke Capital Group, Maki
Communications, NALIP, Old Tucson Studios, Paul Stapleton-Smith, Costco,
WHAT IS IT?
A boot camp style workshop taught by experienced working professionals
within the Arizona production community and designed to provide
comprehensive training in the duties performed by professional Assistant
Directors in Film and Television.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you want to learn the production skills necessary to perform job duties
supporting the Director during pre-production and production, this workshop
is an excellent introduction. Great for students and people exploring a
career change, it is also an excellent opportunity for professional
Assistant Directors who wish to upgrade their skills.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Acquire professional skill-sets to prepare you for a working position
on a Film or Television production.
- Learn production protocols and set hierarchy.
- Learn what "departments" are, and how they report to the Assistant
- Understand who hires people to work on shows and how to contact them.
- Learn how to find and apply for jobs in Feature Film, Television,
Webcasting, Photo Shoots, News, Sports, and Special Events.
- Meet and form relationships with professionals and peers.
- Experience it all against the backdrop of the famous, historic Old
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Professional instruction from experienced production personnel
currently working in the Film and Television industry.
- Networking opportunities with other Arizona production professionals.
- Hands-on experience with production forms and paperwork, radio
protocol and safety on the set from the perspective of the Assistant
- A handbook containing the workshop curriculum, industry contact
information and darn near 1,698 set survival tips.
$75.00 which includes lunch and curriculum materials (and 473 years of
Members of Tucson Film Society, IFASA, APA and Students are eligible for a
special discounted rate of $65.00.
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP?
For further information go to http://www.oldtucson.com, or to register
immediately email Elizabeth Lohman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sponsorship information, contact Gregg Rosenberg at
520.883.0100x265 or Paul Stapleton-Smith at 520.203.8519.
Pre-registration is encouraged, as signups are limited. All registrations
are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Doug Raine, Writer/Director/Producer
Dick Fisher, Producer/Director/DP/Editor Frances Causey,
Producer/Director/Documentary Filmmaker Paul Stapleton-Smith,
Writer/Director/Producer ADVISORY PANEL Michelle Hartly, Gregg Rosenberg,
Patrick Roddy, Peggy Johnson, Brian McLaughlin STAFF Abbey Taylor, Rogelio
Garcia, Juan Heinrich, Bill Kersey, Elizabeth Lohman, Karen Morrow, Roman
Perez, Shari Stapleton-Smith
The FilmWest Professional Filmmaking Workshop Series is endorsed and
sponsored by groups and individuals who believe that the secure future of
motion picture productions in Arizona requires a trained and skilled local
In the interest of providing the Arizona workforce with the best production
job training opportunities possible, we are exploring the addition of the
following proposed workshops. Please tell us of your interests and needs by
emailing us at email@example.com.
- Grip and Electric Workshop - July 8 and 9: A hands-on, boot camp style
introduction to grip equipment and lighting skills. Perfect for
entry-level technicians and people who wish to cross-train in this
- HD/HDV Camera Workshop
- Green Screen Techniques and Tips
- Location Sound and Boom Operator
- Production Office Management
- Introduction to Stunts and Managing Stunt Services
- Video and Audio Villages on Set and Location
- Introduction to Craft Services/Transportation/Location Services
We are actively seeking interested sponsors for future workshops. Please
contact Paul Stapleton-Smith at 520.203.8519 or Frances Causey at
520.520.990.8172 for more information.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Archive and subscription information on http://tucsonstage.com