Monday, October 19, 2009

Tucson: Casting call for short film "State Function"

 

From: joshizzle3@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:01 PM
Subject: [IFASA] Casting call for short film

 

I'm currently in high school, and this project will be the most ambitious I've attempted.

That said, I think I know what I'm doing (maybe a little bit...) I took second place at the Arizona Student Film Festival last year and would love to take first this year.

Speaking in less general terms, I'm looking to cast a short. It's called State Function. It's a non-linear story about a man (Elliot) whose life falls to shambles. Think (500) Days of Summer meets Memento.

The roles:

ELLIOT (lead)
22 or so years old. Not sexy, but somewhat handsome. Preferably tall and commanding, but still quiet and independent.

KATE (female lead)
His (ex-) girlfriend; an absolutely gorgeous young woman; also in her early 20s.

JANINE (supporting)
Elliot's boss at Starbucks. Ideally in her 40s. I picture her as a Jane Lynch type of woman, but this is very open to availability.

RECEPTIONIST (supporting)
A cold-faced receptionist- flat, devoid of emotion. Preferably older.

Anyone who is interested in either acting in the film, or perhaps reading a script and giving me feedback, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh Waterman

joshizzle3@yahoo.com

 

---------------------------------
Tucson Theatre Announcements List

In association with  Chuck Graham's "Let The Show Begin" at  http://tucsonstage.com.
Visit the website for Chuck's reviews and TTA Archive and subscription information.

 

 

No comments: