Tucson Education Manager – Arizona Theatre Company
This position is responsible for planning, management, implementation and evaluation of the various educational and community-based programming activities of ATC. The position’s primary responsibilities include working closely with the Associate Artistic Director, Literary Manager, Phoenix Education Manager, and Phoenix Education Associate to promote, execute, and administer educational and community-engagement programming. The Tucson Education Manager supervises Summer on Stage staff, seasonal high school student interns, and education department event volunteers and participants. This position is the main liaison for Tucson educators and community members seeking opportunities to participate in ATC’s education and community engagement programming throughout Southern Arizona. Education Manager also teaches classes in various theatrical disciplines at the secondary school level. This position is based in Tucson.
· Bachelor’s degree in theatre, education, or a related discipline.
· Professional experience in a secondary education classroom and experience with non-profit or arts organizations desired.
· Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office products; familiarity with social media tools, websites, online marketing tools (e.g., Constant Contact) and photo/video software.
· Excellent interpersonal skills required – must be a team player.
· Ability to effectively manage all aspects of multiple projects at the same time.
· Working knowledge of the rehearsal process of live theatre.
· Professional style, ability to meet colleagues and the general public with courtesy and respect; commitment to the organization; strong oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively manage time and work load.
· Reliable transportation.
· Work on evenings and weekends as needed.
For full description, please visit www.arizonatheatre.org, Employment.
TucsonStage.com - home of Chuck Graham's "Let the Show Begin"
Visit the website for TTA Listserv subscription information