From: Arizona Rose Theatre [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2017 2:19 PM
Subject: AUDITION NOTICE - Arizona Rose Theatre
The Arizona Rose Theatre
Will be holding open auditions for LEND ME A TENOR
Saturday, February 4th
at the Arizona Rose Theatre
4500 N Oracle Rd, Suite 329
(in the Tucson Mall - Lower Level by Macy's)
OPEN AUDITIONS FROM 11:00am to 1:00pm
Please Have a Monologue prepared
LEND ME A TENOR
Playing March 31st through April 9th
Fridays & Saturdays at 7pm
Sundays at 2pm
· Max: (20s to mid 30's) Assistant to Saunders - An aspiring singer. His worst enemy is his own lack of self-confidence. He spends his time as a doormat to his future father-in-law and trying to convince Maggie that he is marriage material. NOTE: This role requires the actor to sing Italian Arias and, at times, speak in an Italian accent.
· Maggie: (20s to 30s) Max's Girlfriend - pretty, quirky; a young woman who doesn't want to settle for the seemingly mundane life she has with Max. She longs for an adventurous fling, one which will allow her to "hear bells.
· Saunders: (mid 50s) Maggie's father and the general Manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company - authoritarian; an uptight man with a short fuse, most of which he takes out on Max. He owns the pressure of the Opera Company.
· Tito: (30s to 40s) A World Famous Tenor known also to his fans as Il Stupendo - imposing; a womanizing Italian who loves Maria, but finds difficulty resisting the advances of the opposite sex, who seem to advance frequently and with considerable momentum. NOTE: This role requires the actor to sing Italian Arias and speak in an Italian accent.
· Maria: (30s) Tito's wife - Sophia Loren-type: busty, proud, and excitable; a passionate and temperamental Italian woman who is growing weary of her husband's wandering eye (and body) for the opposite sex.NOTE: This role requires the actor to speak in an Italian accent.
· Bellhop: (age open) A bellhop - a highly energetic fan of Tito's, who uses his occupation to get close to the international star. NOTE: This role requires the actor to sing.
· Diana: (mid 30s) a soprano with the Cleveland Grand Opera Company - beautiful, sexy; a member of the opera company who has been "flinging her way through the whole cast." Playing Desdemona opposite Tito, she thinks that he might be her ticket out of Cleveland into the big time.
· Julia: (60s) Chairman of the Opera Guild - over the hill, ex-diva, for whom the Cleveland Grand Opera Company is the center of her small pretentious world.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Subscription information at TucsonStage.com