Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 4:35 PM
Subject: Arizona Theatre Company Single Tickets Go Now On Sale for 2015-16 Season
SINGLE TICKETS FOR ARIZONA THEATRE COMPANY'S 49th SEASON GO ON SALE JUNE 15
TUCSON, Ariz. (June 15, 2015): Single tickets for Arizona Theatre Company's 49th season go on sale in Tucson beginning June 15. All shows will be performed at the Temple of Music and Art, 330 S. Scott Ave. Single tickets also will be available for a special presentation of Men are From Mars – Women are From Venus - Live! at 2 and 8 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 22.
The 2015-16 season includes:
• Hershey Felder As Irving Berlin, lyrics and music by Irving Berlin, Book by Hershey Felder, directed by Trevor Hay. Arizona Premiere. Sept. 16 to Oct. 4.
• Disgraced by Ayad Akhtar, directed by David Ira Goldstein. Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Arizona Premiere. Oct. 17 to Nov. 7.
• Snapshots: A Musical Scrapbook Music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, book by David Stern. Arizona Premiere. Nov. 29 to Dec. 19.
• Fences by August Wilson, directed by Lou Bellamy. Winner of the Tony Award for Best Play and Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Production Sponsor: The Stonewall Foundation. Jan.16 to Feb. 2.
• Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, directed by Mark Clements. Winner of the NY Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Play. March 5-26.
•The Gospel According to Thomas Jefferson, Charles Dickens and Count Leo Tolstoy: Discord by Scott Carter, directed by Matt August. Arizona Premiere. April 9-30.
• Sex With Strangers, a very special production from Stray Cat Theatre, one of Arizona's leading indie theatre companies. Written by Laura Eason and directed by Stray Cat Theatre Artistic Director Ron May. Feb. 2-21, 2016.
• Men are from Mars – Women are From Venus – Live!, based on John Gray's New York Times best-selling book Men are From Mars – Women are From Venus. Starring Peter Story. Aug. 22 at 2 and 8 p.m.
Single tickets for all shows in Tucson except Sex With Strangers range from $23 to $68. Season-package holders can purchase premium tickets to Sex With Strangers for $30 before July 31. Flex Package holders can include Sex With Strangers as one of their options. The price range for individual single tickets is $20-$60. Single tickets for Men are From Mars – Women are From Venus - Live! are $58.
Season tickets also are on sale by calling (520) 622-2823.
For more information, visit www.arizonatheatre.org.
About Arizona Theatre Company:
Arizona Theatre Company (ATC) is the preeminent fully professional theatre in the state of Arizona committed to inspiring, engaging, and entertaining - one moment, one production, and one audience at a time. Boasting the largest seasonal subscriber base in the performing arts in Arizona, ATC is the only resident company in the U.S. that is fully based in two cities providing its wide array of programming and community outreach across the region. Now in its 49th season, more than 130,000 people a year attend our performances at the historic Temple of Music and Art in Tucson, and the elegant Herberger Theater Center in downtown Phoenix. Each season of home-grown productions reflects the rich variety of world drama—from classics to contemporary plays, from musicals to new works—along with a wide array of community outreach programs, educational opportunities, access initiatives and new play programs. Designated The State Theatre of Arizona, ATC is led by Artistic Director David Ira Goldstein, Interim Managing Director Matt Lehrman, Managing Director Emeritus Jessica L. Andrews, and a dedicated Board of Trustees.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Subscription information at TucsonStage.com