Reports to: Production Stage Manager
Job Category: On-stage talent. Actors/Models of all ages and sizes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supernumerary roles are brief, non-singing roles which feature prominently in fully staged operatic performances that Arizona Opera presents at Phoenix Symphony Hall and the Tucson Convention Center. Supernumeraries this season will share the stage with world-class international classical artists and will be fully costumed and made up for their stage appearances portraying priests, nuns, henchmen, ghosts, royalty, swordsmen, townspeople, and women of the night.
- Attend rehearsals with Stage Director, Fight Choreographer, Choreographer, and others as required.
- Rehearsals generally occur on weekends, but occasionally on weeknights. Performers generally participate in 8-10 rehearsals and all five performances.
- This season's operas include Lucia di Lammermoor (Donizetti, Italian), Roméo et Juliette (Gounod, French), Tosca (Puccini, Italian), Il Trovatore (Verdi, Italian), and The Marriage of Figaro (Mozart, Italian). Dates of performances can be found here. Rehearsals begin several weeks before the first performance of each opera in Phoenix.
- Education Level: High School preferred
- Special Abilities/Characteristics Preferred but not required: Fencing, Fitness, Dance, Ability to take instruction/direction
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Arizona Opera provides all supernumeraries with a modest honorarium for participation.
- Non-singing talent is acknowledged in the programs for each production.
- Travel and double-occupancy hotel housing is provided for in Tucson when the production travels to our sister city.
- Supernumeraries are offered two (2) complimentary tickets to any single performance that they participate in, and a generous discount for additional seats.
Interested candidates should submit headshot, full length photo, resume with current measurements and availability to email@example.com. Please include "On-Stage at the Opera" on the subject line.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
For subscription information go to TucsonStage.com