Seeking Great Drama Teacher (Tucson )
Drama Needed: No Pun Intended
Local performing arts studio is looking for a teacher to teach acting to young children and teens. The ideal candidate will be talented as an actor and a teacher, patient and of course fun! Our students are ready to learn and are waiting for a great teacher.
If the following apply please send us a copy of your resume with a cover letter explaining why you would make a great teacher. A head shot, if you have it, will also be nice.
1) Teaches acting principles and techniques to groups of children and teens: Conducts readings to evaluate student's talent.
2) Adapts course of study and training methods to meet students' needs and abilities.
3) Teaches enunciation, diction, voice development, and dialects, using voice exercises, speech drills, explanation, lectures, and improvisation.
4) Discusses and demonstrates vocal and body expression to teach acting styles, character development, and personality projection.
5) Produces and directs showcases for class and public performances.
6) Auditions students to select cast and assign parts.
7) Rehearses and drills students to ensure they master parts.
8) May teach elements of stagecraft, stage makeup, costume craft, play writing, or play direction
9) Prepares instructional program objectives, outlines, and lesson plans.
10) Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
11) Enforces policies and rules governing students.
12) Confers with other teachers and professionals to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning and development.
We look forward to hearing from you!
· Location: Tucson
· Compensation: BOE
· This is a part-time job.
· This is at a non-profit organization.
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
· Please, no phone calls about this job!
· Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
For subscription information go to TucsonStage.com