Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Artifact Dance Project: Meet Ilaria Guerra, principal dancer for Judith (World Premiere)

 

From: Artifact Dance Project <info@artifactdanceproject.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:59 AM
Subject: Meet Ilaria Guerra, principal dancer for Judith

 

JUDITH
World Premiere
The ancient story of Judith from the Old Testament has never been communicated through dance. Choreographer Ashley Bowman collaborates with musician and art historian Kevin Justus for this adaptation of heroism, spirituality and strength.

Stevie Eller Dance Theatre
Thursday October 12 - 7:30pm
Sunday October 15 -  1:00pm
Sunday October 15 - 6:00pm

(Please note no Friday or Saturday shows due to UA Family Weekend and football game.)
Single Tickets $31 reserved seating
http://artifactdanceproject.tix.com/schedule

Company dancer, Ilaria Guerra, dances the title role of Judith.
"Dancing the role of Judith is nothing like I have ever done before. My background is in classical and contemporary ballet where the story is told through pantomime or there is no story at all. With Judith, I am being asked to fully immerse myself emotionally into the life of my character and express her experiences in a human way. Not only is the dancing technically challenging and demanding, but the emotional connection can't drop for even a moment during the show. What I have found, however, is that the more I dive into Judith as a person, the easier the dancing becomes: Judith has a purpose higher than herself and through her I am able to elevate my dancing as well. Everything becomes natural and not forced; my turns happen effortlessly, my legs move freely. The technical demands melt away when the emotions connect. It is a truly liberating experience. I am extremely honored to be able to play this role and be a part of this amazing company." Ilaria Guerra, ADP company dancer

Meet our dancers for the production of Judith:
https://www.artifactdanceproject.org/dancers

 

 

 

PURCHASE SINGLE TICKETS

 

 

PURCHASE SEASON SUBSCRIPTION

 

 

CONCERT INFORMATION

 

 

-------------------------------------

Tucson Theatre Announcement List
TucsonStage.com for subscription information

 

 

No comments: