It's LUMIES time!
The LUMIES have traditionally been the way in which we, as a community, recognize and celebrate the individuals, organizations, and businesses that value the arts and put them at the center of life--day in and day out.
That hasn't changed. The LUMIES is still a celebration. This year, the Arts Foundation has partnered with ON Media Publications to highlight the year-long recognition of our community's 2017 ON Media Arts Heroes, and we invite you to tell us who YOUR Arts Heroes are. You will have a chance following the event to nominate your own ON Media Arts Hero for the coming year.
Now that you have your ticket to the 2017 LUMIES: Noche de las Artes (hint, hint BUY IT NOW!), here's what you need to know to enjoy an evening of entertainment and celebration:
1) THIS IS AN OUTDOOR CONCERT VENUE
- We are providing chairs and tables for those who purchase tables. That means if you bought a single admission ticket, be sure to bring a picnic blanket, a lawn chair...something to sit in/on and enjoy the evening on the lawn!
- Dress accordingly. Although fall is on its way, and our Tucson evenings are cooling down, it's still TUCSON in September and you will be outside. Comfortably elegant, fun, and funky is the attire for the evening!
2) FOR INDIVIDUAL TICKET HOLDERS, DRINKS ARE INCLUDED IN THE TICKET, FOOD IS NOT
- Your individual admission (again, those not at a sponsor table) includes two drink tickets. We'll have food trucks on hand for food purchase, or, if you want to pack a picnic basket, please do! However, no alcohol may be brought into the event.
3) FOR THOSE AT SPONSOR TABLES, FOOD AND DRINK IS INCLUDED
- At check-in, please state your name and the name of the organization or individual who purchased the table. You will then be directed to your table and handed a voucher for use at the food truck of your choice and drink tickets.
4) THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT
- Bring the whole family (except the family pet!).
5) THIS EVENT STARTS ON TIME, ENDS ON TIME.
- You don't want to miss a moment of entertainment and celebration. Gates open at 5:30 p.m., and the program begins promptly at 6:00 p.m.
6) THIS IS A FUNDRAISER
- Come prepared to support the arts to the best of your ability. All monetary gifts welcome!
There is a lot to celebrate in the Old Pueblo. I look forward to seeing you next Thursday evening.You really don't want to miss this!
This year's LUMIES: Noche de las Artes, A Celebration of Arts Heroes will take place Thursday, September 28th, from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Reid Park DeMeester Performance Center. Join us for a picnic in the park! General Admission-level ticketholders can bring folding chairs and blankets to enjoy the show. Sponsor-level ticketholders will have seats at a reserved table.
Hosted by: Cathy Rivers, KXCI Community Radio
TC Tolbert, Tucson Poet Laureate
Dancing In The Streets
House DJs Miranda Luna and Solar Stephen
... and closing band Santa Pachita!
We have partnered with ON Media Publications as the 2017-2018 Arts Hero Sponsor and we are working together to create a beautiful event: LUMIES: Noche de las Artes, A Celebration of Arts Heroes. We will not only have incredible performers, food, drinks and presentations like last year, but we will also be highlighting the 2016-2017 Arts Heroes!
Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona
33 South 5th Ave.
Tucson, Arizona 85701
P: (520) 624-0595
Tucson Theatre Announcement List
TucsonStage.com for subscription information