Dear WILLIAM C,
Today, over 600 dedicated arts supporters from every state across the United States have come together in Washington, D.C. for the 31st annual Arts Advocacy Day: The National Arts Action Summit — the only national event that brings together a broad cross section of America's cultural and civic organizations. These arts advocates represent a united effort to tell Capitol Hill how important the arts are to our communities, how much arts education means to our children, and how the arts improve our daily lives. Over 85 National Partner organizations have helped us shape this united arts message to Congress. This full page ad also appeared in Politico, The Hill, and Roll Call today-- the newspapers read every day by your members of Congress and their staff.
This Arts Advocacy Day is particularly important with recent news that the Trump Administration has yet again proposed to eliminate funding for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and other federal cultural agencies in the FY 2019 budget. The Administration proposed this elimination last year, but Congress soundly rejected this recommendation. Your advocacy made all the difference. You don't need to be in Washington, D.C. today to take action!
Please take a few minutes to:
- Send a message to your Congressional delegation in support of the continued funding of the NEA, the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), and the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), among other federal agencies.
- Tell your local news that you support the arts in your community with a customizable "Letter to the Editor."
- Take part in our social media campaign: #ArtsAdvocacy and #SAVEtheNEA.
- Check out the Arts Advocacy Day 2018 event on Facebook for updates of today's activities.
- Visit our Arts Mobilization Center at any time for all the latest resources and responses.
- Join the Arts Action Fund to take further action-- it's free and easy to join.
Thank you for your dedicated support! Together, we can #SAVEtheNEA.
Tucson Theatre Announcement List
TucsonStage.com for subscription information