Monday, August 24, 2009

Tucson: Casting Call, UofA thesis film titled "THE BIG JOB."

Principal Cast needed for Short Film (Western) (Tucson, AZ)


Date: 2009-08-24, 5:17PM MST
Reply to: gigantisaurus@gmail.com


 

Hello,

My name is Adam Valencia, I am a senior at the University of Arizona and I am currently in Pre-Production for my thesis film titled "THE BIG JOB."

It is a combination of both the modern psychological western and the brash, romantic western of the technicolor age. The story involves three cowboys on the hunt for a precious diamond hidden somewhere in the Arizona desert. It is very violent, very dark, and will hopefully be rather elegant. I am looking to shoot towards the end of October, in locations around Benson, Mescal, Patagonia, and Tucson.

Truth be told, I have a lot of ambition in me and am in need of a strong Cast that will help bring the script to life.

I am looking for:

A middle aged badass. The protganist, he is Conan meets Humphrey Bogart.

A middle aged world weary man. (See Dustin Hoffman in Papillon + Richard Dreyfuss in Jaws)

A young (mid 20's) gunslinger with something to prove.

An older desperate man. Grey hair, or salt and pepper.

A middle aged sheriff, whom is posing to be a sheriff. a liar. a fake. a rat. a sleuth. devilish.

A middle aged to older bad guy. The character says very little, but is intense and important.

I apologize for the broad and vague descriptions, however what I am casting for is essentially age, look, bad guys, good guys, and willingness to work hard on a low budget short.
Compensation is up in the air because I am in pre-production, however food, lodging, and transportation will all be covered.
I promise you, although this is a student film, it will be run like a professional set.

If you are interested, please contact me at: gigantisaurus@gmail.com

Headshot and resume is preferred, however any photo(s) that you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much, I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Adam Valencia

  • Location: Tucson, AZ
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

 

---------------------------------
Tucson Theatre Announcements List

In association with  Chuck Graham's "Let The Show Begin" at  http://tucsonstage.com.
Visit the website for Chuck's reviews and TTA Archive and subscription information.

 

 

No comments: