Monday, April 29, 2013

Casting Call, Feature Film "Arizona Nevada"

Reply 883pw-3773422034@gigs.craigslist.org [?] 

Posted: 2013-04-29, 7:04AM MST

Arizona Nevada Feature Film CASTING (Tucson)

 

Arizona Nevada, a cool planet films production, is currently casting for the following roles. The film is being filmed, guerilla style, on a low budget. We will be in production on various dates in May.

Best Friend #1, female, early to mid 20's. Laura's spoiled and pampered shopping/spa partner.
Best Friend #2, , female, early to mid 20's. Laura's spoiled and pampered shopping/spa partner.
Wait Staff, multiple roles available.
Newly engaged couple, male and female, late 20's.
Housekeeper, female, 30's-50's. Laura's hard-working housekeeper.
Wedding guests, multiples roles available. If you look like you would attend the wedding of a hip graphic designer and a sassy burlesque dancer, we need you!

If you are interested, please respond with head shot and resume to this message. 

Thank you!!!!

www.arizonanevadamovie.com


·         Location: Tucson

·         it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·         Compensation: no pay

 

About the Director/Producer:

I am Oscar Jimenez and I live and work in Tucson, Arizona. My work is heavily influenced by borderland dynamics. I live to tell stories about culture clashes, broken expectations and emotional deserts. Since I was raised with Mexican telenovelas, my work is tinted with melodramatic touches. Catholic imagery and ceremony tend to show up in my creative projects. When I was growing up (literally on the Mexican/USA border) I wanted to be a fashion designer and a movie director. I studied Advertising Art at the Southwest University of Visual Arts in Tucson but I did not pursue a career in the commercial art field,instead working as a social worker. My social work career has given me infinite opportunities to study human behavior, providinga fertile foundation for my goals as a storyteller. I have been making short films for the last decade;much of my work is abstract and experimental in nature. I have also worked as a garment artist, making costumes for local performers and theatrical productions. When I wrote and directed the short feature Esmeralda del Desierto (2009), I was able to combine my love for garment design and filmmaking when I told the story of a Mexican transgender woman who travels to the United States to pursue a career in the fashion industry. In 2011 I made Winkey Smiley Face, a narrative short that explored themes of long term monogamous relationships and frustrated sexuality. With Arizona Nevada I continue to explore themes of humanity, disconnectedness and redemption.

I am driven to create stories about people who feel incomplete and are in search of themselves as fully realized beings. The three main characters in the full-length film Arizona Nevada have each lost their sense of humanness and are desperately attempting to reclaim it in order to feel at peace. Arizona Nevada is a horror story where the demons are extensions of ourselves, the haunted houses are our own environments and the possessions are social constructions. The characters have fallen prey to their own life chances / choices. Laura, Jacob and Edward are theatrical manifestations of specific periods from my own journey to happiness. Laura represents privilege, and the way too much privilege can stagnate human development. Jacob represents overindulgence and the manner in which too much freedom can trivialize certain aspects of humanity. Edward represents self-hatred, or the way in which social norms can make you hate who you are. A fourth character is Las Vegas, a city where visitors go to reclaim youth, wealth, lust and passion.

 

----------------

Tucson Theatre Announcements List

Subscription information at TucsonStage.com

 

 

No comments: