STAGE MANAGEMENT POSITION OPENING at THE ROGUE THEATRE
Position available to stage manage three plays at The Rogue Theatre - Measure for Measure, Betrayal, and Dante's Purgatorio. Stipend for each production is $1,000.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with stage management experience, strong organizational ability, and excellent communication skills. To apply, please send a résumé with references and letter of interest to Cynthia Meier at director@TheRogueTheatre.org. Applications will be reviewed beginning July 22, 2013.
The Rogue Theatre is located at 300 E. University Blvd. near 4th Avenue, www.TheRogueTheatre.org.
Stage Manager Duties include
· Manage all communications between director and/or theatre staff and the cast, including daily schedule, rehearsal calls, costume fittings, etc.
· Manage rehearsals, ensuring an on-time start and calling all necessary breaks;
· Prepare space prior to each rehearsal and performance (sweeping, mopping, setting the stage, etc.)
· Assist director by notating blocking of all scenes in rehearsal;
· Notate and distribute any script changes made during rehearsals;
· Serve as prompter during rehearsals and take line notes/corrections for the cast;
· Keep track of all production requests in rehearsal (props, scenery, costumes, lighting, sound) and communicate them to the appropriate person;
· Prepare daily rehearsal reports to be disseminated to director, designers and staff;
· Call and run production meetings with directors and designers;
· Create a cue-sheet of all technical elements in performance (light/sound cues; scene changes, etc.)
· Organize backstage space, including preparation of prop tables, quick change areas and scenery storage;
· Run all pre-show preparations, in partnership with House Manager, to ensure punctual start of all performances, as well as intermissions;
· Run the light board for all performances.
Rehearsals & Performances for Measure for Measure
First rehearsals: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 and Tuesday & Wednesday September 24 & 25, and then beginning October 1, Tuesdays through Fridays 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., and Sundays 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Performances November 7 - 24, 2013: Thursdays - Saturdays, 7:30 p.m., Sundays at 2:00 p.m. with an additional matinee on Saturday November 23
Rehearsals & Performances for Betrayal
First rehearsals: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 and Tuesday & Wednesday January 21 & 22, and then beginning January 28, Tuesdays through Fridays 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., and Sundays 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Performances February 27 - March 18, 2014: Thursdays - Saturdays, 7:30 p.m., Sundays at 2:00 p.m. and an additional matinee on Saturday March 15
Rehearsals & Performances for Dante's Purgatorio
First rehearsals: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 and Tuesday & Wednesday March 11 & 12, and then beginning March 18, Tuesdays through Fridays 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., and Sundays 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Performances April 24 - May 11, 2014: Thursdays - Saturdays, 7:30 p.m., Sundays at 2:00 p.m. with an additional matinee on Saturday May 10
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Subscription information at TucsonStage.com