This week on www.TucsonStage.com:
New articles and reviews in Chuck Graham’s “Let The Show Begin”:
· THEATER – “Spamalot,” this season’s big ticket for brand name productions, opens Tuesday, Sept. 22, in the Music Hall. Our review goes up Wednesday, Sept. 23.
· Also opening this week are Borderlands Theater’s “She Was My Brother,” Sacred Chicken’s “Anton in Show Business” and Beowulf Alley’s “Seascape.” Reviews of all three productions will be posted THE DAY AFTER opening night. No more waiting around for several days to see what the daily and weekly newspapers think.
· Reviews of Rogue Theatre’s “Animal Farm,” Invisible Theatre’s “Leaving Iowa” and Arizona Theatre Company’s “The Kite Runner” are posted on the Theater page and waiting to be read.
· See the Future Shows page for all current and upcoming show times and ticket prices.
· MUSIC – The Downtown Tucson Latin Jazz Festival bubbles in La Placita Village Wednesday through Saturday. Then on Sunday comes the Tucson Musicians Museum benefit concert.
· There’s also October’s Jazz Under The Stars series at St. Philip’s Plaza and the Tucson Jazz Society’s New Year’s Eve jazz all-star gala.
· Find all the details on the Future Shows page.
· All the club dates for local jazz groups are posted on the LBS (Let The Show Begin) Calendar.
· DANCE – Ballet Tucson’s opening night gala will celebrate the company’s 24th season. Christmas brings “The Nutcracker.”
· Dance and Desert in the spring is followed by the Urban Picnic. “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” concludes the season.
· Art.If.Act Dance Project makes its debut in October.
· All the time and ticket information is posted on the Future Shows page.
· FILM – Reviews are on the Film page for “Not Quite Hollywood,” “Lorna’s Silence” and “The Informant.” Keep up with the Loft Cinema’s special events each week in “Life at the Loft.”
· Classic films screening at the downtown Fox Theatre are posted on the Future Shows page
· DOING IT FOR THE LOVE – Watch for our next feature on a Tucson personality whose life is dedicated to enriching our arts community. Be thinking of someone you think would make an excellent candidate for this ongoing spotlight in Let The Show Begin. Also check out our first three in the 4 the Love Gallery.
· Been Eating To Any Good Beats Lately?
· Our musically inclined restaurant reviewers are looking for some new restaurants presenting both good jazz and good food. Preferably at the same time. Past reviews are posted in Eat to The Beat.
· If you know of one, please send email to email@example.com or go to Letters to Chuck and send us a note from there.
… and much more.
New auditions, casting calls and announcements on the TTA List:
What everyone’s talking about on the TTA Discussion Board…
Join in the discussion at http://groups.google.com/group/tta-list-discussion
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
In association with Chuck Graham's "Let The Show Begin" at http://tucsonstage.com.
Visit the website for Chuck's reviews and TTA Archive and subscription information.