Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dance Class Sunday - Batucaxé welcomes Sunday's guest dance teacher Anton Smith

 

 

From: batucaxe@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:01 AM
Subject: Batucaxé welcomes Sunday's guest dance teacher Anton Smith

 

 

 

About Batucaxé

Batucaxé is a non-profit drum and dance ensemble and school founded in Tucson, Arizona in the summer of 2000. Inspired by the music of Brazil, we also feature the music of many traditions from all over the world. Our goal is to inspire creativity, openness, community solidarity and collective joy through lessons and classes, outreach programs and high-energy performances. 

Batucaxé (pronounced bah-too-cah-SHEH) means "the blessing of the beat" in Portuguese.

For more information, visit our website or contact us at info@batucaxe.org.

 

            Dance Class Sunday!

‎"The most valiant thing you can do as an artist is to inspire someone else to be creative." - Joseph Gordon Levitt

We asked on our Facebook page: "How has Batucaxe inspired you to be creative?"
We received some wonderful answers...

" I don't know how I'd have survived the dissertation process without Batucaxe. I actually had research breakthroughs WHILE DANCING!" ~Mika
" Dance! Expression of the inner me. Beautiful movement and rhythms infused in my being and passed on to my child!" ~Erika
"
It's caused me to become aware of a whole wonderful culture right here in Tucson that I never knew existed! My body, soul, and mind have all benefitted and it has brought so much joy!!!" ~Simone
"
Oh my goodness the blessing of Batucaxe!!!! Through movement singing, stories, dance and now drumming!!!... I have been continually inspired to keep trying new things!! I am so thankful for a community of beautiful people who support each other in their creative expressions...thank you!!" ~Therea

 Let's all show up at 5 pm and dance with creative inspiration!
 Rhythm Industry Performance Factory, 1013 S. Tyndall Ave.
 $10 drop in/$32 for 4 classes - use anytime!

----------------

Tucson Theatre Announcements List

Subscription information at TucsonStage.com

 



No comments: