From: Independent Film [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:15 PM
Subject: April Call Sheet
1. The Arizona International Film Festival. April 11 -27. Always wonderful. A must see for any film fanatic. The Screening Room, Elliotts on Congress, Crossroads 6. Alex Italic's Sheltered Love will play on Wednesday, April 16, at 8 PM at the Screening Room (127 East Congress) and Philip Sedgwick's Film Mirage at Zabul Province is playing on Saturday April 12 at 9:30 PM at the Screening Room (127 East Congress). Both are exceptional.
2. Independent Film Arizona Sound Meeting. Tuesday, April 1 at 7 PM at CoLab (17 East Pennington). As always, the meetings are free to all. The Sound Meeting will feature a panel discussion featuring experts in location sound, music composition, and sound editing AND will give away $250.00 to the best 1 to 3 minute all sound "love scene." Contestants will perform their drama behind a large white board at the meeting so that the audience will hear the drama but cannot see it. The best sound skit takes home the cash money -- $250.00.
3. Gloria at the Loft. 3233 East Speedway. A wonderful film about a woman seeking companionship at social dance clubs. A great film. Beer. Real butter. Yes, do it today.
4. Phoenix Film Festival. April 3 - 10. 700 East Mayo Boulevard, Harkins 101 Scottsdale. One of the best festivals in Arizona. Worth the drive.
5. Crossroads 6. 4811 East Grant. The best film that you should have already seen -- but with Crossroads sympathy for the dilly dalliers -- its not too late. Great film. Watch it on the big screen for only a few pennies at Crossroads.
6. Man At The Hotel Door PSA. An attractive man is standing outside a hotel room door. An attractive woman is standing in the interior doorway. It is unclear as to whether the lady is going to invite the gentlemen into her hotel room. The announcer then states: The distance from Los Angeles to Phoenix is 372 miles (slightly more than the average Angeleno's daily commute -- but not by much). Although if you make your next film in Arizona -- we will let you spend the night. At this point the doorway drama develops and the man is allowed into the hotel room. But after a moment a trail of ten men and women carrying camera equipment and lights follow him into the room [reversing the context]. The tag line follows: If you are not thinking of shooting your next film in Arizona. RETHINK THAT. Casting for all roles. Send e-mail, resume and headshot to Antonella at IndependentFilmArizona@gmail.com
7. Aphasia Center of Tucson. The Aphasia Center of Tucson is shooting an advocacy drama on April 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, and 12 and is seeking extras to play party guests and actors to play members of a band. Shoot times on all days are in the mornings except for April 11 which is an evening shoot. Title credit and a copy of the film, no monetary compensation. E-mail Eileen at email@example.com
8. Groundwork Promotions. Special thanks to Stephanie Stean
and Paul Holze at Groundwork Promotions who have just launched a
brand new website for Independent Film Arizona
(independent filmarizona.com). It's wonderful. Check it out.
Thanks to Paul and Stephanie!
9. Independent Film Project. Check out the Independent Film Project
Phoenix. The deadline for their independent filmmaker labs (narrative) is
10. IFASA Is Now Independent Film Arizona. The Independent Film
Association of Southern Arizona (IFASA) is now Independent Film Arizona.
Same great taste, just a few less words to chew on.
If you have an event to announce or a group to promote on Call Sheet, send
an e-mail with the relevant information to Antonella at
Tucson Theatre Announcements List
Subscription information at TucsonStage.com