Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Seeking Director to mount play, "The Feast of Jovi Bono,"

Direct my play in Tucson

Reply to: rfbs5-4378694628@gigs.craigslist.org

I'm a playwright from Iowa. My play, "The Feast of Jovi Bono," went up at Manhattan Rep Theatre in New York in December. I was not informed of its acceptance until November 12 for a production that started December 18; I cast (11 parts from 72 auditions) and had initial read throughs over Skype and Google Hangout. I found two local directors and a genius stage manager and we were off to the races. The actors loved the experience at the festival, were quite bonded to one another and the directors, and in smaller groups are finding ways to work together again. 

I seek a director to help me make this happen in Tucson. I can put you in touch with at least one of the directors from the NYC production, and provide technical and other assistance on Google Hangout or Skype. One of the cast members from the NYC production is also very interested in being involved in future productions and would be a great resource.

I don't expect Tucson theater to be like NYC, but the culture seems to be one of protectiveness around its local talent. I respect that. I do. But I want to put up my play in Tucson. similarly to the way we did it in New York. Can it be done? Is there an indie theater scene I'm not finding? 

Here's a video about the NYC production: http://youtu.be/hemi2og2Nf0

 

compensation: Stipend depending upon crowd funding resources, for which I take responsibility



·         do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

 

 

----------------

Tucson Theatre Announcements List

Subscription information at TucsonStage.com

 

No comments: